Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 3 - My Parents

eeesh I wish I was excited to do this post but I'm not. To start with my parents divorced when I was like 5 or so I think. The only thing I remember about the divorce was them sitting us down and asking who we wanted to live with and my sister Debbie said "Dad" and I said "Debbie". So we lived with my dad. I'm guessing I didn't want to be separated from my sister.

My dad died when I was nine years old. I remember him being the sweetest guy ever in the whole world...but thats not the same story my older brothers have..
My mom..I don't have alot of great memories of her. She didn't harm me or abuse me but when I was a young child she just wasn't a very loving person. I can't recall her ever saying she loved me..I'm sure she did but I don't remember. when I had Ryan she was very excited and it seemed we were going to get close and I remember being very excited about it. Unfortunately she had a paralyzing massive stroke when he was only 5 months old so I ended up taking care of her. It was like having twins. She passed away 7 years later when I was 27.

I really wish I had a mom & dad that were at the very least alive, but married to each other would be the best. I feel I was totally robbed in this area..

3 comments:

amy said...

Okay, not to tatally overlook the parent issue because that's huge and my eyes teared up and I never knew that about your dad BUT is it me or are you opening up more? More to yourself? This just doesn't seem like anything you would have written a year or two ago.

justmekimi said...

yea I'm changing everyday and its amazing and it has alot to do with my relationship with Tim..he makes me think about life and whats important..

Tracy said...

ok wow, kind of feels like you have totally unburdened your soul in this post!!
I'm sad for you that your family wasn't the loving two parent family that you deserved. Sometimes a distant parent can be just as hard to cope with as an abusive one and my heart really goes out to you. Please remember that all these things make you the parent you are - warm loving compassionate and generous...