Dear Ryan,
I sometimes wonder if you feel more at home in Afghanistan than here. In the past 4 years you have spent a considerable amount of time there. Do you ever feel like giving up? Do you get sick of it? sick of fighting for everyone elses freedom? Please don't think for one minute that we, your family don't realize the sacrifice you are making everyday. We are living it with you. You are my hero and saying I'm exceptionally proud seems so inadequate...but you know my true feelings.
I'm your mom and I'm supposed to protect you, it doesn't matter that you're 25! But the reality is I can't protect you or make you come home, but I will be here waiting when you do <3
I love you Ryan and can't wait to see you!
Love, Mom
3 comments:
I can't even imagine.
I have tried to comment 2 or 3 times but this lump in my throat makes my keyboard fuzzy... Proud of your son and you for the way you both
Thought Sadie should finish her comment with "the way you both live with this job and stand up and do what's right!! You put his love of his country first and recognise his strength and he puts his job and the people he works with, first. He's a good man and a credit to you kim!"
Post a Comment