Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 14 - Someone I've drifted away from

Dear Julia,

24 years later we are still good friends and I love that...altho it seems we have drifted away from each other. You sent me a text talking about it last month and about wanting to get our friendship back on track. I love you sooo much and we know we will always be there for each other no matter what but as far as hanging out like we used to, well it's probably not going to happen..we are very different people now. You have chosen to be "friends" with the kids instead of a parent. I can't tell you my secrets anymore because I know at some point you will tell my daughter. You are more worried about fitting in with them than you are about our friendship. Also you have chosen to not be apart of the an ever changing computer filled world. I know its hard to change but its makes it so much easier to keep up with everyone. I am grateful you have started texting a bit..
Let me say I love the way you treat my kids, just like your own. They love you so much and that means alot to me.

Love you girl,
Kim

2 comments:

amy said...

I get this. Totally get this. Even though your friendship is different now I'm sure each of you are glad for what it was in the past and what it will continue to be in the future.

But can't she at least bitch log??

Tracy said...

Knowing you'll always love each other is great but technology is a bloody brilliant way to show your love :)