Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 1 - Oldest Friend

Dear Linda Lu,

I know, crazy we still call each other our nicknames from elementary school!
I love you so much! My gosh the stuff we have been through together!!! SOOOO many childhood secrets!! haha What I love about us is we have an unsaid connection that we never have to nourish. We can go months without talking and when we do we pick right back up where we left off. Our lives have taken different paths, including both of us moving away and still nothing changes. Sure we have different friends but our bond is still there and always will be. I remember when I found out Madi was pregnant and called you, and honestly, I really don't remember much about that phone call except me screaming and crying and you listened and gave advice. I know you talked to me for a long time and I'm sure I talked in circles and no doubt you had family to attend to, but you listened and listened and listened...and in the days following you called to check on me and I'm sure I repeated everything all over again. That was one of the hardest times in my life and I cant imagine calling anyone but you.
I love that you tell me like it is when I need it, at the same time you are my biggest fan, in my corner cheering me on no matter what..
I love that you are sold out For God, it shows in your life and in your kids as well.
I remember us saying when we were young that we wanted our kids to be close...and then we moved away...but guess what..our kids are close! I LOVE that so much!!
I love the soulmate God chose for you. What a God fearing beautiful person he is!! and I love that you know how wonderful he is and don't take him for granted..
You are trustworthy, supportive, honest, kind, transparent, and the list goes on! Thank You from the bottom of my heart for loving me and being the best friend ever! Thank you for letting me be vulnerable, for always wanting the best for me, for seeing me through all the messed up relationships, for taking my broken heart in your hands and helping me to heal...I will cherish this relationship forever sister =)

Love you,
Kimi Kay

1 comment:

amy said...

Where would we be without someone like this in our lives?