Monday, May 31, 2010
This Day
While I am honoring our fallen heroes today I have to say I am so thankful I dont have to honor my son. I know that sounds raw but you know what, thats my reality and this is my blog so I am just going to say it. I am sad for those who have lost their lives and mothers and husbands that have lost the ones they love more than anything but I am so glad I dont have to feel that pain. I check his facebook a few times a day jus to see activity. Am I obsessed? Maybe. But Im his mom. Im scared. You are supposed to bury your parents and grandparents, not your children. When I go to bed at night I pray I dont get the dreaded knock at the door. I turn my phone on loud ring...just in case. I dont like having to feel this way, but someone has to. We have to have soldiers who are brave enough to fight for our freedom. I have a son that was brave enough, and I promised him I would be brave too, be his biggest fan...and I have. But not without sleepless nights, many tears and a pit in my stomach. But as another Memorial Day passes, I thank my God that hes given me another day to be Ryans mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This made me cry so I'll be back later to post something...
Sometimes I forget how fragile life is and sometimes I forget that you constantly live in a state of fear, the fear of the knock, the fear of the phone, the fear of not seeing Ryan active on Facebook.
To live in a state of fear is probably not healthy but it is not a choice you made its just the way it is. Ryan is doing something honorable, something good, something brave and you are too in being his biggest fan and his strongest supporter.
So for you I will be brave too and promise not to forget the fear you live with, and I promise to be there for you whenever you need me.
I am so proud to call you friend, you are an incredibly strong, brave woman and I am a better person for knowing you, love you Kimi!!
...still can't do it.
Maybe out of guilt. Maybe out of fear. Maybe out of ignorance.
The only thing I can say is I love ya girl and am always gonna be here for you.
no need, I know how you feel. I dont expect comments, I just need to vent..
thank you both <3
Post a Comment